In the day to day of the housewife there is always much to be done, and of all the domestic activities there is one that is essential: Cooking.
For those who possess culinary skills, cooking is no obligation, quite the contrary, it is a pleasure. But those who live “running out of time” do not find it amusing to have to stand on the edge of the stove for hours while they might be doing another activity.
One of the great inventions that greatly facilitate the routine in the kitchen is the microwave oven. In most Brazilian homes it is only used to heat cooked food throughout the day, but we know that its usefulness goes much further, so we select some foods that can be fully prepared in the microwave in a short time. See what they are, and how they can be done.
Rice in the Microwave
– Place the rice in a microwave-safe container with a large plastic (or glass) lid so that when the water starts to boil and the rice does not spill,
– Add the same amount of water, ie if you cook a cup of rice, add a cup of water.
– Season in your own way (salt, margarine, olive oil, onion, garlic) and mix seasoning, water and rice well;
– Cover the container with the lid, but do not close completely, as the internal pressure may cause an explosion of rice;
– Take the container to the microwave and cook at high power.
The time depends on the amount of rice. You can rely on the following:
Half cup – 10 minutes; One cup – 12 to 15 minutes; One cup and a half – 20 minutes; Two cups – 25 minutes.
When the cooking time is over, leave the container in the microwave off for a few more minutes and then serve.
Put 1 cup of beans in a sieve and wash;
– Put the beans in the water and leave them reserved the day before;
– The next day, put the seasoning in a microwave-safe container with a lid (suggestion: half a spoonful of oil, two cloves of crushed garlic and a chopped onion, salt and / or broth);
– Take to the microwave for 3 minutes;
– Add the beans and mix well;
– Take it back to the microwave and cook for about 30 minutes. Every 10 minutes take a break in the microwave team to stir the beans.
Macaroni in the Microwave
Boil the water in the microwave for approximately 10 minutes at high power;
– Add 500g of pasta and take it back to the microwave for another 15 minutes, stirring a few times;
– Drain the cooked pasta and set aside;
– In another microwave-safe container heat the tomato sauce together with the seasoning to taste for about 1 minute;
– Mix the pasta in the sauce and serve.
Fried Egg in the Microwave
Break the egg and place its contents in a small container with a microwave cover;
– Season to taste (salt, olive oil, pepper);
– Take to the microwave for 2 minutes.
Brigadier in the Microwave
Mix 1 can of condensed milk, 1 spoon of margarine and 3 tablespoons of powdered chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl;
– Take to the microwave and cook for 5 to 8 minutes at high power;
– Wait cool and serve.
Popcorn with Common Corn on the Microwave
Put the common corn popcorn in a glass container and with lid and own for microwaves;
– If you want a popcorn free of fat, add a spoon of water;
– If you prefer a buttered popcorn, replace the spoon with a spoonful of margarine;
– Mix, cover and microwave for 3 minutes or until the corn stops popping.
Food preparation and cooking learning English
419 best images about Cooking Tips & Tricks on Pinterest …
Cooked or prepared food learning English learning basic …
Kitchen safety poster : Microwave Oven Safety
Different ways to cook food methods of cooking food
Healthy cooking suggestions for those with little time
Microwave Oven Safety!
Types of snake, Snakes and How to cook on Pinterest
3 tips for microwave cooking success
In a pickle: What to do if you have a microwave disaster
7 tips to make delicious food using microwave oven
Image result for mountain hiker clipart
Slideshow: Cooking for 1: Tips for Shopping, Cooking, and …
LG MC2886BRUM Convection Microwave Oven
Spaghetti Squash Versus Zucchini Pasta: A Healthy …
Is Oven Rack Position Important? : The Reluctant Gourmet
Cooking | LearnEnglish Kids
Food Safety and Sanitation.
11 best tips for big-batch cooking
The 5 Healthiest Ways to Cook